Two injured in Israeli attacks on Palestinian fishermen in Gaza
Two Gazan fishermen were injured when Israeli naval vessels fired on Palestinian fishing boats on Monday.
Palestinian medical sources told Maan that 32-year-old Husam Sultan was hit in the head with shrapnel. His wounds were described as serious. Nineteen-year-old Muhammad Sultan was lacerated by shrapnel in various places on his body.
The Israeli navy opened fire at the fishermen off the Gaza shore near the former site of the Israeli settlement Dugeit, west of the Palestinian town of Beit Lahiya, in the northern Gaza Strip.
This Israeli attack is an apparent violation of the ceasefire between Israel and Palestinian factions in the Gaza Strip which went into effect on 19 June. The violation came on the first day of the Islamic fasting month of Ramadan.
Another Israeli naval assault was reported earlier in the day in the day by international human rights activists accompanying Palestinian fishermen.
The Free Gaza movement reported live bullets fired near Gaza City, where five internationals were accompanying fishing boats during daily work in Gaza territorial waters. The group said the boats were "several miles offshore" when Israeli ships opened fire.
Well, I guess it's par for the course with Israel. They managed to keep all news of the siege break out of NA press - and now things are back to business as usual - the Israelis confident in the knowledge that nothing will stop them.
Sad news, sorry to have to report it.
But someone must...